Dimensions: 29.5 x 39.25 inches
Signature: lower left
More by this Artist
About the Artist
Antal Neogrady was born in Galsa Hungary in 1861. He studied at the School of Model Drawing under Janos Greguss, then at the Munich Academy. He took part in exhibitions from 1888 mostly with his watercolours. Between 1893 and 1931 he taught watercolour painting at the Academy of Fine Arts. In 1904 he exhibited in Budapest, and then in 1908 in Arad. He went on to become professor of painting and watercolour at the Budapest Academy. Several watercolours of Antal Neogrady can be found at the Hungarian National Gallery and his self-portrait is exhibited in the Historical Picture-Gallery. He died in Alag Hungary in 1942.